Whist all this makes sense on many levels, it will come as no surprise to those people that I have decided not to take that advice. It's true that my brain mostly agrees and my body will most certainly benefit from more rest. HOWEVER, a small part of brain is telling me to just go and see what happens! This is the part of my brain that often gets me in to trouble! This is the part of my brain that generally must be obeyed!
After many conversations and many weeks of deliberating, I have now booked my flight for 9th September. This does not leave me much time to cross Canada before the bad weather kicks in. My plan is this - GO WITH THE FLOW!
My fitness is much improved. I have had months of Physio and other treatments. I have been working out in the gym every week and I am a different person to the one that came home a few weeks ago. OK so I am not 100% but I am close enough to try again and my mind needs to get on with it.
I may find work in Canada that could keep me busy for a few months. I'm also watching out for house sitting jobs. Perhaps for a snowbird who needs their horses or dogs cared for over winter. Hey, I may even get distracted by a sexy cowboy on route! Who knows! If this does not materialise? Well then it's going to be a long cold winter in my tent until I can get to Africa! The beauty is in the not knowing!
Rhonda has now had new suspension, a new top yolk (Thanks again Steve), gel grips, bar weights and foot pegs with built in suspension (Thanks Ryan) added to try and reduce the vibrations. This should help to avoid more aggravation of my injuries (A big thanks once again to Honda Canada who stepped in to cover the costs). I will avoid the rougher roads where possible for a while and practice Qi Gong every day to keep my body movements free. I wont know for sure if I can cope physically until I try.
Any earlier sponsors have long since moved on to the next project (Thanks so much for helping to get me this far!) and my budget it practically nonexistent. Canada, which once looked like a piece of cake, is now looking like a real challenge. Crossing to the east coast could take 3 weeks or it could take several months, depending on how the dice rolls. I could end up stopped by my injuries again, I could run out of money or I could end up buried in snow at -40! I may end up looking very silly indeed! I am willing to take that chance. This time though, if my body says stop? I will listen sooner rather than later. That, I can promise you.
Are you along for the ride? :)
P.S - If you know of anyone who needs their house sitting over winter, either in Canada or the US, then please get in touch! It might just work out!